Tuesday, March 23, 2010

"More Than Useless"

These past few weeks I have felt useless- that I can never get it right- that no matter how hard I try, I will still fail- and that life is full of more down's than up's. Well I was listening to a song by Relient K called "More Than Useless" and it talks about how even during these weeks when we are being told we are worthless, and feel like we are just wasting away life, GOD tells us MUCH differently. He assures that we have a purpose that He created us for. He wants us to love ourselves so that we will be able to love others and life- even for the low, empty, lonely times.

In my daily devotion sent to my email, there was a quote in there that really stuck out to me- "The temptations that promise pleasure and excitement never deliver anything but disappointment and shame. The moral shortcuts we take because it seems easier only make things worse. If you are growing tired of trying to be good, maybe you should quit trying and start believing." That quote hit me like a ton of bricks. I feel like so many times I try so hard to be the way God wants me to be, when He is saying the whole time "My child, be who I created you to be. I love you. You are of great worth to me. Live the life I have set before you, and follow the path I have laid. Do this in love." - Love your Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment