Friday, January 8, 2010

A challenge for me...

One of the hardest challenges in life for me is to "turn the other cheek". SOOO many times I want to give the people that have hurt me a dose of their own medicine, but Jesus instructs us, as Christians, to turn the other cheek. I'm struggling with this right now, because deep down I'm dying inside- and I'm sick of it. I feel like if I just get revenge on who I wanna get revenge on, all the hurt will go away.. but unfortunately it doesn't work like that- which is what I'm continually reminding myself. A problem that I'm having with this is that I don't want to be a door mat anymore... I am strong, and I need to stand up for myself. But when I finally do... people are telling me I am in the wrong- when it's completely obvious that the other is too. It's just so confusing. And I'm tired of all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment